I have seen the light, and it's called Totoro

Me, Mrs., the sister in-law and bunch of her friends went to see "My Neighbour Totoro" last sunday. I had seen "Spirited Away" and "Moving Castle", and liked them both very much. Mrs. had seen them as well, and thought that they were OK, but not uber-great or anything. Originally she didn't want to go see Totoro, but two-week persuasion by me and her sister made her come along to see it.

The movie was absolutely fabulous. I was totally mesmerized by it. It was just so beautiful, and I'm not talking about the artwork alone here. The actors (we saw the original version with Japanese dialogue) did a great job, the story was very imaginative and plain great, and the artwork was breathtaking. And the Mrs., the skeptic among us, fell in love with it.

Hayao Miyazaki is propably the greatest filmmaker in the world at the moment. What else is there to say, really?

No comments: